Well let me start off by saying I can't remember the last time I got up after the sun. Like clock work every morning my 21 month olds are up by 7 am. So to my surprise when I woke up at 9... to hear silence this morning and a light filled room, I simply smiled and thought AAHHH they are still asleep. What a treat...right? Trust me any mom would love that extra 20 minutes to shower or just sleep in. HOWEVER, I began thinking this is NOT normal, should I go check if they are breathing, maybe they weren't feeling well so they were just being sleepy heads. As the million and one reasons for this odd behavior raced through my head, all the while interrupting my ability to "relax". I heard a SCREAM! Not over the baby monitor either...so how is it I can hear screaming but its not coming from their room? As I ran to the other end of the house hoping and praying when I found them it would not entail an ER visit. Their room is EMPTY...yes that is correct my children are officially escapees. My only options are whats behind door #2 and #3..aka the bathroom and office. Door number 2..coast is clear. So as I brace myself for what I am about to find behind door number 3 I hear giggling and mess making. Any mother of toddlers is well aware the a mess in the midst has a distinct noise. Its silence mixed with small giggles.
OH MY...there they are my two little trouble makers, covered in my craft supplies...paint pens, sequins, beads of all colors cover my office floor, accompanied by our family cat Louie, whom they have held hostage sitting right smack dab in the middle of their art work. Now I am working on how I will handle situations such as these as they get older and more exploratory. As a first time mommy I want to make sure that I teach them right from wrong but with a loving heart. Let me tell you it was tested this morning!!!! I wish I had my camera but in the midst of the moment that was the least of my things to do. Looking back it was a lesson learned for me as well. Even if they are painting the walls or simply rolling all of the toilet paper off the roll. To them its making a fun mess, but many years from now it will be our memories that we look back on when they are grown and gone. So take a deep breath and take a picture for every mess..then punish and make cookies;) Life is good and I thank the Lord for all life's little messes!!
Have a wonderful week friends and family!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
very well put. I love it...Lord knows i have had that happen before but mine was all of the little ball from the bean bag...you must look at pics of Matt on my myspace....they where EVERYWHERE and i mean everywhere...i am STILL to this day finding them in places that they are stuck to due to static or just cause he is good at hiding things :) but again well put...it's just a memory we will all laugh about one day. they are you partners in crime!
always have a camera nearby! oh Geez- when my girls are quiet for longer than 3 mns I know I have to get up and investigate--- if they are not filling the toilet up w paper then they are playing w handsoap or emptying out my drawers!
Post a Comment